MODEL SET 1
SECTION- ONE (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) 40
1. What is the currency of
(a) Pound (b) Dollar (c) Taka (d) Rupee
2. What is the capital of
London (b) (c) Washington, D.C. Moscow (d) New York
3. Which of the following planets has maximum number of moons?
(a) Venus (b) Saturn (c) Jupiter (d) Mars
4. Avinab Bindra is associated with –
(a) Hockey (b) Cricket (c) Chess (d) Shooting
5. Who was Raj Kapoor?
(a) Film-actor (b) Singer (c) Social worker (d) None of these
6. Which is the smallest continent in the world?
(a) Asia (b)
(c) Europe (d) None Australia
7. Who wrote ‘Godan’?
(a) Munsi Premchand (b) Kabir (c) Tulsidas (d) Rabindranath Tagore
8. Which place is associated with Goutam Buddha?
(a) Saranath (b) Lumbini (c) Benares (d) Dehradun
9. In which year did the Second World War start ?
(a) 1914 (b) 1918 (c) 1939 (d) 1945
10. Which is the smallest planet in our solar system ?
(a) Venus (b) Jupiter (c) Pluto (d) Mercury
11. Who is the Chief Minister of
(a) Rabri Devi (b) Nitish kumar (c) Laloo Prasad (d) Mayawati
12. Which country is the largest producer of wheat ?
(b) U.S.A. China (c) India (d) Russia
13. How many countries are members of UN Security Council ?
(a) 15 (b) 10 (c) 5 (d) 20
14. What is the full form of IST ?
(a) International Standard Time (b) Indian School for Technicians (c) Indian Standard Time (d) International Statistical Traders
15. Who is Medha Patkar?
(a) Actress (b) Social activist (c) Athlete (d) Politician
16. Who was the first woman Chief Minister of a state?
(a) Sucheta Kripalini (b) Mayawati (c) Jaylalita (d) Sarojini Naidu
17. Napoleon belonged to which country?
Russia (b) China (c) France (d) Germany
18. The French Revolution took place in which year?
(a) 1789 (b) 1757 (c) 1857 (d) 1917
19. Who was the first woman president of I.N.C.?
(a) Annie Besant (b) Indira Gandhi (c) Vijaya Laxmi Pandit (d) Kiran Bedi
20. Where is Taj Mahal located?
Agra (b) New Delhi (c) Amritsar (d) Jodhpur
21. Who is known as the Father of Indian Nation?
(a) Subhash Chandra Bose (b) Jawaharlal Nehru (c) Mahatma Gandhi (d) B.R. Ambedkar
22. Who was the first Indian to win Nobel Prize?
(a) C.V. Raman (b) Mother Teresa (c) Rabindranath Tagore (d) Amartya Sen
23. Which is the capital of Tripura ?
(a) Imphal (b) Itanagar (c) Agartala (d) Kohima
24. Wimbledon Trophy is associated with which game ?
(a) Cricket (b) Football (c) Lawn Tennis (d) Polo
25. Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated in which year ?
(a) 1948 (b) 1947 (c) 1942 (d) 1945
is in which country ? Paris
England (b) France (c) Italy (d) Germany
27. In which state is
located? Tirupati Temple
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Karnataka (c) Tamil Nadu (d) Kerala
28. The term ‘sudden death’ is associated with which game?
(a) Football (b) Cricket (c) Hockey (d) Kabadi
29. Which is the capital of Andhra Pradesh?
(a) Secunderabad (b)
(c) Bangalore (d) Chennai Hyderabad
30. Sundarlal Bahugana is associated with which movement?
(a) Narmada Movement (b) Quit
Movement (c) Chipko Movement (d) All of these India
31. Percentage of oxygen in atmosphere is –
(a) 20.60% (b) 0.03% (c) 77.16% (d) 23%
32. Charlie Chaplin was associated with
(a) Film (b) Literature (c) Dance (d) Politics
33. Red Cross was founded by –
(a) Henry Dunant (b) Louis Pastur (c) Edward Jenner (d) Ronald Ross
34. Hirakund Dam is situated in which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Orissa (c) Punjab (d)
35. World Environment Day is observed on which day?
(a) 5th April (b) 14th Nov (c) 5th June (d) 5th July
36. Which is the currency of
(a) Dollar (b) Pound (c) Lira (d) Dinar
37. Who was the founder of Jainism?
(a) Goutam Buddha (b) Mahavir (c) Jesus Christ (d) Guru Govind Singh
38. Where is the Char Minar located?
Hyderabad (b) Secunderabad (c) New Delhi (d) Agra
39. Karl Marx belonged to which country?
China (b) Germany (c) Russia (d) Japan
40. ‘Vandemataram’ was composed by –
(a) Rabindranath Tagore (b)
Iqbal (c) Bankimchandra Chatterjee (d) Ved Vyas Md.